This is going to be an ongoing series that will feature a lot of footage that Mike and I recorded during the Destiny Beta Build on both the PS4 and Xbox 360 version of the Beta. This commentary is done by Johnston and will feature a gameplay/commentary standpoint of Destiny’s Crucible PVP.
On the Crucible, there is a map called Moon. Which is basically the largest play space that allows vehicles such as the Pike and the Interceptor on the map. The major points on this little strategy guide is:
– B Turret and B2 Control
– Vehicle control
– A coherent team that you could communicate with and assist you
Recommendations for this map:
– Have weapons that compliment each other for its ranges.
(ie. Shotgun + Scout rifle combo, Sniper + Auto AR/ Hand Cannon)
On the crucible, Venus is the smallest map in the Destiny Beta. Which is a good close to mid range map.
We suggest a build such as:
The shotgun + Semi auto AR build
This is recommended due to the shotgun’s CQB range that exemplifies this map’s size. Shotguns are more reliable and easy to use in this game. This is a lot better than running a sniper, if you are running a sniper. Go by C Rock or C Caves for some distance to cover both C and B flags.
– Coherent teammates and communication
– Running in pairs
– Bait and switch, letting your teammate get spotted, distracting the enemies and flank to the side to clean them up.
– Putting shots on enemies, if you have a team to communicate to. Most of these enemies will drop like flies.